Friday, January 15, 2016

Seeking a Less Frittered, Simplified Life

“Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify.”
~ Henry David Thoreau ~


Seeking a Less Frittered, Simplified Life




I have always been somewhat of a jack of all trades. This is handy for those around me and served me well at times, but has run its course with me. Maybe I am a hoarder of safety nets for lack of a better term. I have been hanging on to a Commercial Driver’s License and a personal trainer certification as something to fall back on. What they really are have become more things to manage and pay for.

I think I have come to a place in my life where I can say that they both served me well in the past but I am ready to have less “things” to think about. I have my family which now includes a new baby and a granddaughter. If there is one thing I learned from raising my daughters it would be that the one thing you can never give enough is time, respect, and unconditional love. Everything else is just stuff.

Will there come a time that I regret not keeping up with these options? Maybe, but that is like keeping your garage or basement full just in case you might someday use that stuff. Right now I am all about uncluttering the basement, garage, and my life. Henry David Thoreau once told us that we were frittering away or lives in details so we must simplify. That is exactly what I hope to do.

I have finally figured out what it is that I am good at and what I belong doing. I can’t tell you for sure where I will be doing it in the future but maybe that matters or maybe it doesn’t. I do not care so much about the bottom line or for that matter the business side of the daily operations, these are more of a score card. What I do care and what I am passionate about is people; building a team, finding out what makes people tick, and what matters in their lives.  Getting the job done, supporting the needs of the business, while never forgetting what my people need and what makes them thrive.

And for the first time in my life, I can say that I am good at something without feeling self-conscious. There are opportunities/careers that I know would satisfy my inner drive and that I could be even more passionate about, but for now, I will focus on today, this very moment. Once time has passed; you can return to a specific place, but you can never return to the present moment ever again.


Thank you for your support and for being a piece of this journey at this moment!  I am humbled every time I see the page views and the audience grow. People from many countries and walks of life have read at least a part of this blog and I appreciate ever one of you. I often wonder what your story is and if something I wrote touched you in a positive way. Thank you again and I wish you peace in you journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment