Monday, March 6, 2017

Wound Like a Clock Spring

“Everyone has a breaking point, turning point, stress point, the game is permeated with it. The fans don't see it because we make it look so efficient. But internally, for a guy to be successful, you have to be like a clock spring, wound but not loose at the same time.”
~ Dave Winfield ~

Wound Like a Clock Spring

It’s funny, I sit here knowing my blood pressure is high and waiting for a PT and a nurse who will come here today and tell me it is high. The more I think about that the more it stays high…hmm, see a trend? The funny part is that I was thinking to myself, why would my blood pressure not be high right now?

I have had two major surgeries in the past four months, I have not been able to run or do a real workout in over a year, I can’t walk the dog or put the trash out, and as much as I love them both, I live with a fourteen-month-old and a first-time mother. Before I get in trouble for that last part, hold on. She does an amazing job, but always feels like she should be doing more, better, and everything else a new Mom feels. I a left out the part that says that I am fifty-three years old and have been cooped up for three weeks (for a second time) and I can’t drive for another three weeks. I must be totally reliant on others to go anywhere or do most anything. I don’t think it is helping that we are in the waning days of winter.

 So, my question is not why is my blood pressure high, but more like why isn’t it higher?
I know this sounds like a bunch of grumbling and you are right, it is. But, I had to get it off of my chest. Like it or not, I’m trapped! If I could I would take a tent and a small backpack and go hide in the woods for a week. For now, it looks like I will have to be satisfied with short walks around here until I can do more.

I have been working on a story that I am writing, so it is not all bad. I’m not sure what I will do with it but I think it is coming along nicely. Thanks for letting me bitch for a minute.


Until next time (I promise something more positive), Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment