Thursday, June 8, 2017

Yours Truly, Revealed Through Stories; Hoping to Prompt Discovery in Others

"We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery." 
~ Samuel Smiles ~

Yours Truly, Revealed Through Stories; Hoping to Prompt Discovery in Others

I made a choice a few years ago to share chunks of my life and views for whoever was interested. Since the first blog post, I have shared much more than I thought that I would.  I made a decision somewhere along the way that I was going to honestly put myself out there and hope that someone could relate and not feel alone. We all have had things happen to us and no one that I know of is shielded from tragedy and heartache.

Some would say, why be so honest? After all, I could write stories and say that they are about the characters and not anyone in particular, but it is hard to be passionate if I am not being genuine. So, there you have it; my life story on a serving platter to be digested in whatever means people select. Luckily for me, people have been kind and no one has tried to use it against me, at least that I know of.

So, that brings us to today; I met with my surgeon for my four-month (after 2nd surgery) appointment. He said that everything looks great and he is pleased with the progress of healing. I asked him about a few things and then he said that he wanted me to come back in February, and if things were still going well he could clear me for some running then. He said, “if you still want to do it that is”, to which I replied that I wanted to do it now! We agreed that it is best to wait though.
Driving from the doctor’s office back to work, my brain was racing and I saw a sign for World Gym from the highway. I finally have a target date and something to shoot for. I have eight months to get my shit together, back in shape, back to running weight, and back to me. It is time to come up with a plan.

On the way home from work, I stopped at World Gym to get some price information and look around. I’ve been there before when it was Gold’s but that was a while ago. After talking to the young man that was showing me around, I got my price list and was going to think about it overnight, then he made one more offer. I decided to bite the bullet and take the leap with a two-year membership.

Now to put the rest of the plan in place and rebuild. After all, this is construction season, right? This is going to be a long road but I know the way. That is equally an advantage and a disadvantage, but at least the road is in sight now. Starting with weights and cardio and leading to a trail run in February, if all goes well.

 Thanks for hanging with me this evening!

1 comment:

  1. This is great to hear!!!! It's so much better when you can see the path. I'm so glad for you!!

    ReplyDelete