Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Envision if you will; the World Deprived of Hatred

“Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one.”
~ John Lennon ~

Envision if you will; the World Deprived of Hatred

Most of us have had the moments when we say “I have tried but the world is full of screwed-up people” or “I have tried to be positive but they are always negative”? You watch the news and in your heart, you give up on society. You get drug into the world of social media and without realizing it, get beat over the head with a multitude of opinions. They say that opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one but you don’t need to show yours to everyone.  

The first step; stop watching the news and make your own informed decisions. Second; ditch social media, and again make your own informed decisions. Think about social media like the writers of The National Enquirer, writing daily columns on their own lives and using it as a forum to spew their own agenda. Third; stop trying and start surrounding yourself with people who want to be good people and are willing to embrace the concept of others living their lives in peace.  

I had a very nice conversation with a guy last week. He is always very pleasant but in the past, it was always just small talk. I don’t remember how the conversation got started but it came around to people and helping people. He told me about a friend of his who called him needing to borrow a significant amount of money and the fact that he just happened to have it to loan at the time. We talked about raising children who are good people. We both had that in common.

Then he asked me if I believe in God. My defenses came up like they do when anyone broaches the subject of religion. But I realized quickly that he had no judgment or agenda in asking this question, it was merely part of our conversation. His main question was to see if I would be offended if he said God bless you. I told him that whatever my beliefs were or weren’t if he believed and thought enough to bless me with a God that he loved and trusted, that I would take that as a compliment.

We discussed people believing and living whatever their beliefs are without imposing those beliefs on everyone else. Also, about the hypocrisy of most people who consider themselves “religious”. He told me a little about what it is like to be Muslim and we compared different organized religions.
Just before he left he said something that stuck with me.  He said, “When I meet someone, I try to be a good human being first, and if I do that, then I become a Muslim later.” What a concept. Be a good human before anything else.


Go out and be a good human being today!

No comments:

Post a Comment