Sunday, August 6, 2017

How can you miss something so much that you only had for a short time?

“Turn your attention for a while away from the worries and anxieties. Remind yourself of all your many blessings.”

~ Ralph Marston ~

How can you miss something so much that you only had for a short time?

Well, you want it for many years, then when you finally get it or it is within reach, then you screw it up one way or another. I know this sounds particularly cynical but, this pattern has repeated itself over the course of time, even though I try to be realistic and not have a lot of expectations.

I also know that I might be setting this up to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. One thing is for sure, this is one of the few things that I have always been able to count on. I want this trend to end forever and stop haunting me. I am ready to be excited when something good happens and not look over my shoulder for the other shoe to drop.

When I get my bike back I am going to really try to focus on appreciating what I have and not what could happen. I think a big part of it this time is that I have been freaked out about money and the feeling of guilt since I signed papers on it. I need to let that go and enjoy it for what it is; a piece of me that has been missing for years.

I am joining a local H.O.G. chapter and going on rides with them and a friend of mine. I plan to do a lot of riding this Fall and meet new riding friends. For now, I must be patient and wait until they finish with it and I get it back. It is not easy, let me tell you. Really, what choice do I have anyway? If nothing else, at least we are getting a bunch of rain now, hopefully, nature will get it out of its system. I’m looking forward to some beautiful, peaceful weather this Fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment