Thursday, October 5, 2017
Friday, September 1, 2017
- Simply be there for them and do not be judgmental
- Do not pretend that you know what they are feeling. If you have never really experienced depression, be honest and listen
- Do not say things like: "cheer up", "don't be a grouch", "you are so negative", "You need to man up", "Toughen up"
- Do say things like: "I'm here if you want to hang out", "Are you getting help?", "Call me anytime if you need to talk", "Is there anything you need?"
- Do not avoid them
- Educate yourself about depression. Knowledge is power!
- Know the warning signs of someone who might do harm to themselves
- Love them because sometimes they do not love themselves
- Be understanding when they are not up to being sociable
- What Are Symptoms of Depression?
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and/or helplessness
- Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism
- Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
- Irritability, restlessness
- Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable, including sex
- Overeating or appetite loss
- Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment
- Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" feelings
- Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
Sunday, August 27, 2017
Thursday, August 17, 2017
Sunday, August 6, 2017
Sunday, July 30, 2017
Saturday, July 22, 2017
|The road is not always kind|
|Bent turn signal|
|Those scrapes on the visor and helmet would have been my face hitting the road.|
A friend came by and we looked it over last night but I took it for a ride this morning and something does not feel and sound right. Hopefully, I can get it figured out very soon and get back to riding. I have 520 miles under my belt (and a few feet under the bike) and I am ready for many more upright miles to go.
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
|Me and my Superglide|
Sunday, June 18, 2017
Sunday, June 11, 2017
Thursday, June 8, 2017
Thanks for hanging with me this evening!
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Thursday, May 11, 2017
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Justification - My Excuse for Failing to Engage with the World
Thursday, April 20, 2017
|There will come a day when people of all races will put aside their differences|
~The Prophecy of the Rainbow Warrior~
"There will come a day when people of all races, colors, and creeds will put aside their differences. They will come together in love, joining hands in unification, to heal the Earth and all Her children. They will move over the Earth like a great Whirling Rainbow, bringing peace, understanding and healing everywhere they go. Many creatures thought to be extinct or mythical will resurface at this time; the great trees that perished will return almost overnight. All living things will flourish, drawing sustenance from the breast of our Mother, the Earth."