Monday, September 8, 2014

A Short Pay it Forward How are you Doing?

“We are all just walking each other home”
~ Ram Dass ~ 




How are You Doing Today?

When I started this blog I was not sure what direction it would take or what the main focus would be. It has from time to time taken on the looks of a running blog, but that is not the true essence either. It is primarily a blog about dealing with life and the bumps along the way, so if at times it feels like it is all over the place, I guess perhaps it is. One thing I have always tried to do is write from the heart and never simply for the sake of posting something. That is why it has been a little while between posts and this one will be short and sweet.

I want people to realize that no matter how hard things get or how fast the world seems to spin, there is always a way to get through it. No matter how positive and okay I try to appear, sometimes there are times when everything feels like it is closing in and spinning out of control. At these times it is amazingly refreshing when someone out of the blue asks how you are doing today. It can really lift the weight off of your shoulders long enough to take a couple of deep breathes. I was lucky enough to have a couple of people do this for me and I am very grateful to them. And some days having any degree of gratitude and hope can be enormous. So, consider this my pay it forward how do you do. How are you really doing today?

Now if you would think about the people in your life; family, friends, coworkers or neighbors who might need a moment of compassion and ask how they are doing today. It can never be a bad thing to check on each other once in a while. Even if they are doing okay, it’s a reminder that you are there if they need you. Letting a person know that you care is never a waste of time.

I am blown away every time I see that people all over the world have looked at and read my blog. My intention has always been that if even one person relates to something I write and it helps them in any way, then every key stroke has been worth it. Thank you for taking the time to read along and hang with me on this journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment