Friday, February 6, 2015

20 Days of Synergy for Mind, Body and Spirit


"When the mind, body, and spirit work together, I believe anything is possible."

~ Criss Angel ~

20 Days of Synergy for Mind, Body and Spirit

I am in need of a radical refocus of mind, body, and spirit. I have been anything but focused and continue to push through each day somewhat misguided. Not only struggling with nutritional and exercise decisions but my energy has been so low and difficult to remain positive. The best way to describe it would be like a forecast; mostly cloudy with patchy fog and ever present chances of quicksand. Granted I have made some small improvements but not anything close to what I should be making. Knowing myself the way I do, I realize cutting back or small adjustments will be useless at this point.



So, radical change it is then. Beginning on Monday February 9th I will begin a 20 day sugar detox. I have done this before and it allows be to lay down specific guidelines and to be strict with myself. It will include processed sugar, processed foods, and alcohol. I created a list of acceptable and off limit items as well as a few things that will be allowed in controlled circumstances. I have also decided to try to add in at least 15 minutes of meditation each of the 20 days.

Challenge areas will include but are not limited to; feeling tired (ongoing from not sleeping well), doughnuts and pastries that are brought in to work, stress from my crappy job, and a couple of beers after work. I do not plan on using these events or thoughts as excuses like I have been doing, I intend to be aware of them and act accordingly instead of reacting to them. Therein lies the challenge ahead of me.

Much like most things in life I have been in a cycle of the outcome being the result of my reaction to an event. The only way to change the outcome is to change the reaction to the event since it is usually difficult to change the event itself. This is where I hope the meditation comes into play. I will not be looking for miracles through meditation, but instead, I will be working on creating space to allow me to react in a more desirable and healthier manor.

By cutting processed sugar and foods I am hoping to shock my body and brain into making better decisions and feeling better as well. Thus, breaking the bad decision cycle where I can say to myself “oh well, today is shot anyway” or using my poor energy level as an excuse. I don’t know about you but the worse I feel either mentally or physically, the worse my decision outcome is. So it drags me further down. This brings be to spirit; feeling better both mentally and physically with some space created around myself and my stressors. The better I feel, the better decisions I make.


What could be so hard about doing something for 20 days? Well, doing something for 20 days that’s what! I guess starting Monday I will be taking one day at a time for 20 days. Watching what I eat and drink, continue with workouts and running, meditating and spending time with the dogs at the shelter making the time they wait to be adopted as good as it can be. Stay tuned and if you have to deal with me in person for the rest of this month…sorry and thanks!   

No comments:

Post a Comment