Friday, November 11, 2016

Without Hope, Little is Possible and Everything is Difficult

“Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.”
~ Thich Nhat Hanh ~

Without Hope, Little is Possible and Everything is Difficult




For the last two plus years’ hope has been slipping away from me while pain and depression ruled every waking hour. As I sit here now, almost 48 hours after surgery I am in pain, but it is a different kind of pain. One that eventually will go away and lead to healing. The weeks to come will not be easy; as a matter of fact, I will need to work my ass off and once I am healed I will begin preparing for the second operation three months from now.

The biggest difference is I finally feel some hope returning to my world. It was increasingly discouraging and frustrating to lose almost all range of motion in my hips and legs, to struggle taking my dog for a walk or play with my daughter. I know recovery is not going to be easy but really, what is easy that is worth a damn?

This operation was a huge unknown for me and it was frightening thinking that someone was going to cut into me. I did some research with the help of my wife and found the best hip surgeon in this region. He did his job and now I have to do mine, which is recover and prepare for the next one. At least I don’t think I will be so anxious about the next since I have something to compare it to now.


Well, this was a short post but I will be home for a few weeks and I plan to right more while I am recovering. As always, thanks for your time. Talk at you soon. I guess I’ll post this after I get home, I can’t get the internet to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment